JUST 100 YEARS OLD, THE FORMER BANK BUILDING HAS BEEN FULLY RESTORED. THE HISTORICAL BANKING HALL IS NOW HOME TO THE BANK BRASSERIE & BAR.
The building that houses The Bank Brasserie & Bar is steeped in history like no other. The Am Hof address has always been one of the most historically significant locations in the city. After the Imperial Royal Ministry of War was demolished, between 1913 and 1915 Vienna’s first reinforced concrete building with a classical façade was opened at Am Hof 2 – as the headquarters of the Escompte-Gesellschaft from Lower Austria, a major bank in the Austro-Hungarian Monarchy. Most recently, the building served as the head office of Bank Austria UniCredit. Today the building is known as Park Hyatt Vienna, which opened in 2014.
During the renovation, the greatest care was taken to respect this connection to the past. The interior design was managed by the Dutch designer duo FG stijl; alongside the modern furniture and materials, they also incorporated Austrian art nouveau (Jugendstil) elements by quoting from Wiener Werkstätte designs. You can find them in the rooms as a homage to that great period in the history of Vienna.